If you don’t see your question below, feel free to contact us.

Can I pay my fine online?

Many fines are payable online HERE. Certain violations require a court appearance, during which the judge sets the fine amount.

Can I pay my fine at the Bryan County Clerk’s office?

Many fines are payable through the clerk’s office. The clerks can accept fine payments in the form of cash, money order, cashier’s check, and business check. They are unable to accept card payments or personal checks.

Can I appear for my hearing in the virtual courtroom on my traffic citation, criminal charge, or civil matter?


What is a Super Speeder?

Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 40-6-189(b), “In addition to any other fines or penalties imposed by any local jurisdiction or the department, the department shall administer and collect a fee of $200.00 from any driver who is convicted of driving at a speed of 85 miles per hour or more on any road or highway or 75 miles per hour or more on any two-lane road or highway, as defined in Code Section 40-6-187. Such a driver, upon conviction, shall be classified as a “super speeder; (c) The department shall notify offenders of the imposition of a fee under this Code section within 30 days after receipt of a qualifying ticket and notice of conviction. Failure to pay the fee imposed by this Code section within 90 days after receipt of the notice shall result in the suspension of the driver’s license or driving privileges of the offender, and, in addition to the existing fees and penalties, a fee of $50.00 shall be assessed, payable upon the application for reinstatement of the driver’s license or driving privileges. Notice shall be provided by the department to the offender by first-class mail to the address shown on the records of the department. Such mailed notice shall be adequate notification of the fee imposed by this Code section and of the offender’s ability to avoid a driver’s license suspension by paying the fee prior to the effective date of the suspension. No other notice shall be required to make the driver’s license suspension effective.” NOTICE: The State Court of Bryan County has no jurisdiction over this penalty and cannot collect it or assist you with any information concerning it other than as provided above. You must contact GA DDS directly for information regarding the fee, forms of payment and/or penalties. Contact GA DDS at 678-413- 8400, 678-413-8500, 678-413-8600 or TOLL FREE at 866-754- 3687.

When is my hearing date?

Your hearing date is located on your citation. If you have lost your citation or are unsure of your hearing date, you may call the Bryan State Court Clerk’s Office at 912-653-3875 for criminal related charges and 912-653-3876 for traffic related citations.

Can I ask for a different hearing date?

In certain circumstances, the judge may grant a continuance of your hearing date. To make this request, you must complete a Request for Continuance form found HERE. Follow the Instructions form for submission of your request.

I missed my court date. What should I do?

You may call the Bryan State Court clerks at (912) 653-3875 for criminal related charges or (912) 653-3876 for traffic related citations for further information.

You may be eligible to be rescheduled or to submit a Request to Redocket form found HERE. Follow the Instructions form for directions on completion of form and submission.

Can I call the judge to discuss my case?

No. All communications with the judge take place in the courtroom in the presence of the solicitor and your attorney if you are represented.

Can I ask for a reduction on my speeding citation?

Only the solicitor can make speed reductions with the approval of the court. Decisions are based on the defendant’s driving record and the circumstances of the case. You may be eligible to participate in the Pretrial Diversion Program.

What is the Pretrial Diversion Program and am I eligible to participate?

The Pretrial Diversion Program (PTD) was created pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 15-18-80 with the purpose of providing alternatives to traditional prosecution with the goal of addressing the underlying causes of criminal behavior to reduce recidivism. PTD typically requires completing an online driving course with Creative Counseling Solutions and paying the course and supervision fee. The online driving course takes most individuals approximately 2-2 ½ hours to complete. The course and supervision fees are approximately the same amount as the fine attached to the violation. Once you enter the program, you will be given a new court date/status date which will allow you 90 days to complete the conditions listed above. After you have submitted proof of completion of your conditions and paid your fees, you will be excused from further court appearances and your ticket will be dismissed. A dismissal means you will not receive points on your license. To determine your eligibility for PTD, you may email copies of your citations to tarafloyd@bryan-county.org and kstatham@bryan-county.org.

I cannot afford an attorney, but would like to be represented. How can I apply for the Public Defender?

You may apply for the Public Defender by calling 912-653-4605 or by appearing in person at the Office of the Public Defender located at 151 S. College Street, Pembroke, GA 31321.

How do I contact Southeast Corrections (SEC) regarding my probation or Pretrial Diversion?

You may contact SEC regarding Pretrial Diversion by emailing bryan.co.ptd@secorrections.com.
You may contact SEC regarding probation by emailing kbarrett@secorrections.com.
Southeast Corrections: 500 North Main Street (PO Box 1118), Hinesville, GA 31313 (912) 369-2678